BARBARA MARTIN, M.D.[ CV ]
Dr. Barbara Martin is a Board Certified Dermatologist. She is trained in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Dr. Martin's special areas of interest and expertise include:
- Treatment of skin cancers, including Mohs surgery
- Removal of benign growths
- Evaluation and treatment of aging or sun-damaged skin
- Medical treatment of acne and other skin disorders
Cosmetic procedures for facial skin and other areas:
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatment for blood vessels and sun spots
Dr. Martin is a member of the following professional groups:
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- San Diego County Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- San Diego Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- San Diego Dermatological Society
Dr. Martin is a Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology. She completed her undergraduate education at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She then received her medical degree from the University of California, San Diego. After her internship at the University of California, San Francisco hospitals, she completed her dermatology residency at Stanford University Hospital. Dr. Martin practiced dermatology in Santa Cruz for 12 years before moving to San Diego to practice in La Jolla, and then to join Skin Surgery Medical Group in 2004.
Dr. Martin is on staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla.
Dr. Martin takes pride in delivering efficient, appropriate care. She enjoys patients of all ages and will address each patient's concerns thoroughly. Her goal is to deliver informed, satisfying solutions for every patient.